Sunday, February 8, 2009

Podcast Blog Post

The first podcast I viewed was the SmartBoard Lessons podcast. The SmartBoard podcast was pretty cool, it is such an amazing tool to use in the classroom. It is amazing how is stores information. It is unfortunate that the SmartBoards are not found in every school since they are so expensive, because I believe that they would be a great value to enhance children's learning.



The next podcast I watched was the Kidcast. The Kidcast was encouraging the use of podcasts in the classroom. Personally, podcasts are hard for me to pay attention to and I don't believe that the students would be very engaged since their attention spans are fairly short. I do think that podcasts are very informative but I think they are more appropriate for the college setting. Another podcast on the list I watched was the This Week In Photography podcast, to me this was the most boring one of all. The podcast was mainly about photographers trying to take pictures at the inauguration and how crowded it was, nothing too special.



Another podcast I watched was MacBreak Weekly. The MacBreak podcast was all about the Mac computers. I have no clue about how to use Mac computers since I do not own one myself but they looked like pretty advanced pieces of technology. EdTech Talk was another podcast I viewed; this podcast was about parent involvement. EdTech Talk was about how important it is for the parents to be involved in their child's education. I thought this podcast was great because it explained how the parent really should get involved because it benefits the child's education.



All of the podcasts I watched were very informative. It was amazing to me how many different podcasts there are and how many there are on education topics. I even saw some about learning Spanish which I thought was pretty neat. The downfall with podcasts for me is that it is hard for me to stay engaged starring at a computer so I know it would be hard for a child to do the same. Like I stated before, I believe that the podcasts are better used in the college setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment