Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Alabama Learning Exchange, also known as ALEX, is a valuable resource for teachers to use when they are making their lesson plans. ALEX allows the teacher to look up the Alabama Content Standards required for a specific subject in order to make sure the teacher is teaching the appropriate material in their classroom. ALEX provides the standards not only for the basic math, science, English, and social studies, but it also provides the requirements for physical education, foreign languages, health education, driver's education, arts education, and many other courses of study.
The Alabama Learning Exchanges gives teachers access to sample lesson plans to use in their own classroom or to simply get ideas to take with them to the classroom. Alex also has a professional learning page where the are links to information about special education and English language learners and it gives tips on how to work with these children in their classroom to help them get more involved. The professional learning page of ALEX also provides information about grant opportunities and how to support roundtables in their classroom. Alex also has a personal workspace area where the teacher can store information found through ALEX in their workspace and they can also save lesson plans they like for their future lessons. ALEX works with the Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators, and Students Statewide(ACCESS) to provide things such as advanced diplomas, additional courses, and advanced placement to better enhance a child's learning experience and help them get the most they can out of their education.
I feel that the Alabama Learning Exchange and ACCESS and absolutely wonderful resources to use when I become a teacher. ALEX, along with ACCESS, will give many options for the students to progress and develop to their full capabilities. ALEX will help me to ensure that my lesson plans are meeting the state standards and provide me many resources to make sure my students have the optimum learning experience possible. I cannot wait to use ALEX when I become a teacher because I feel that it will really help me achieve the goals I want for my classroom and for my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment